Summer 2021 Tour
East London Shakespeare Festival in association with London Borough of Waltham Forest presents…
A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM
Directed by Katherine Hare
A riotous and magical outdoor production of Shakespeare’s most famous comedy, with a lots of opportunities for the community to get involved. Family Friendly!
We would like to say a huge thank you to Higham Hill Ward, Chapel End Ward, William Morris Ward and Leyton Ward & Swire Charitable Trust & Arts Council England for funding this project.
Special thanks to Higham Hill Hub, Stow Brothers, God's Own Junkyard, UpFront Theatre Company, KuKooLaLa Cafe, Le Delice in the Park, CentrE17, Big Creative & RAW Academy for supporting the project.
BYO Picnics welcome: gates open an hour before the show, so bring a picnic, soak up the atmosphere
For younger members of the audience (3+), you can also take part in a pre-show ‘flower-fairy’ headband making workshops run by cast members. This is at a small additional charge to show tickets so please add a separate workshop ticket when booking,
VENUES AND DATES:
(Previews) Higham Hill Hub, 01 – 04 July
Lloyd Park, 08 – 11 July
Jubilee Park, 15 – 18 July
Wanstead Park, 31 July - 01 August
This is outdoor Shakespeare with a twist: combining the wonderful storytelling of the Bard with a flavour of East London culture. Pure, unadulterated escapism, with live music, showstopper numbers in lovely outdoor settings.
Evening Performances, Thursday - Saturday 7:30PM
Matinee Performances, Saturday & Sunday 3PM
Audiences are welcome to arrive 60 minutes beforehand to enjoy a picnic and soak up the atmosphere
We have limited seating availble: these will be reserved for those that require them (e.g. senior citizens / those with a disability) and/or on a first come first served basis. Please email us to indicate you will need a chair/s and we will reserve one for you (while still available).
Email: [email protected]
For other audiences it is 'Bring Your Own Seating' - you are welcome to bring picnic blankets/cushions (to sit on the floor) or outdoor seating/camping chairs.
All Weather Policy
We will not cancel a show due to rain!
As we know with the Great British summer, the 'rain can raineth every day' but whether it's tempests, or summers honey breath is on our side, the show must go on!
Be sure to bring a brolly and some cosy, waterproof clothes... or some suncream if you're feeling lucky!
If it rains but the show runs, we cannot offer refunds, however you can use your ticket on another day (subject to availability).
If it really is King Lear style storms, we will cancel the show. Patrons will be notified as soon as possible and a full refund/exchange issued.
- ELSF will update Covid-19 Procedures as the guidance is updated. Procedures below are based on current advice; ticketholders will be notified of updates for June performances.
- People with symptoms of COVID-19, or who have been advised to self-isolate following contact with someone with symptoms of COVID-19, must not to attend. Tickets can be easily re-booked, anytime, at no addtional cost
- Numbers are strictly limited to ensure social distancing. All attendees must have pre-booked a ticket
- You may be required to wait outside the venue prior to the performance. Please wait patiently to be seated and wear a mask (except those who are exempt.)
- Ushers will oversee admittance to the performance space to ensure social distancing
- Hand sanitiser will be available.
- As per current guidelines, we ask that attendees avoid shouting, chanting and singing along during the performance.
- There is disabled access at the venue ( Please come to marked priority queue, where you will be seated first.)
- If you have any additional needs, please e-mail: [email protected]