Summer 2024 Tour
BYO Picnics welcome: gates open an hour before the show, so bring a picnic, soak up the atmosphere
For younger members of the audience (3+), you can also take part in a pre-show ‘flower-fairy’ headband making workshops run by cast members. This is at a small additional charge to show tickets so please add a separate workshop ticket when booking,
This is outdoor Shakespeare with a twist: combining the wonderful storytelling of the Bard with a flavour of East London culture. Pure, unadulterated escapism, with live music, showstopper numbers in lovely outdoor settings.
Evening Performances, Thursday - Saturday 7:30PM
Matinee Performances, Saturday & Sunday 3PM
Audiences are welcome to arrive 60 minutes beforehand to enjoy a picnic and soak up the atmosphere
We have limited seating availble: these will be reserved for those that require them (e.g. senior citizens / those with a disability) and/or on a first come first served basis. Please email us to indicate you will need a chair/s and we will reserve one for you (while still available).
For other audiences it is 'Bring Your Own Seating' - you are welcome to bring picnic blankets/cushions (to sit on the floor) or outdoor seating/camping chairs.
All Weather Policy
We will not cancel a show due to rain!
As we know with the Great British summer, the 'rain can raineth every day' but whether it's tempests, or summers honey breath is on our side, the show must go on!
Be sure to bring a brolly and some cosy, waterproof clothes... or some suncream if you're feeling lucky!
If it rains but the show runs, we cannot offer refunds, however you can use your ticket on another day (subject to availability).
If it really is King Lear style storms, we will cancel the show. Patrons will be notified as soon as possible and a full refund/exchange issued.
- ELSF will update Covid-19 Procedures as the guidance is updated. Procedures below are based on current advice; ticketholders will be notified of updates for June performances.
East London Shakespeare Festival has completed a Risk Assessment to reduce the risk of transmission of Covid-19. This is available on request.
All employees & audiences must adhere to current government guidelines relating to Covid-19, and follow any other guidance provided by East London Shakespeare Festival or the venue.
· Employees & audience members with symptoms of COVID-19, or who have been advised to self-isolate following contact with someone with symptoms of COVID-19, should not to attend.
· All our performance venues are outdoors
· Hand sanitiser available
· Pre-book online only (Paperless, and allowing for track & trace)
· Local venues with patrons & performers encouraged to walk/cycle and avoid public transport
· All Performers, Creative Team & volunteers required to take daily Rapid Flow Tests during rehearsals & performance period
· We would strongly encourage all audience members to take a Rapid Flow Test prior to attending the performance
© East London Shakespeare Company Ltd, Registered in England, Company No 064-961760
East London based theatre company